One of the things that I am very proud of is that my dad is an amateur magician. He's done many a birthday party for us kids, and even some church functions. But before you get all excited and ask what the secrets to his tracks are, don't even bother asking. I think that magic is a wonderful thing and I REFUSE to figure out the tricks...even the simple little kid ones. I still enjoy watching my dad practice and viewing him with the mindset of a 6 year old. And that's where the activity comes in. Kids love magic tricks too! So for this activity, there are a lot of choices.
1. Plan a magic themed birthday party (there are lots of people around that do some magic tricks, or you could learn them yourself).
2. Buy an amateur magician kit for play time with the kids (you may want to make a few extra capes if you have a lot of kids)
3. Find some science experiments (make gak, flubber, goo, etc.)
4. Watch a Harry Potter movie.
5. Color changing drinks (I think there is some clear kool-ade that changes colors or something).
6. Add peroxide and baking soda to a bottle of mountain dew (it will glow in the dark!)
7. Color with Crayola Color Wonder products.
8. Make a volcano erupt using baking soda and vinegar.
9. Spend some time on Youtube learning for easy and simple card tricks that your kids can learn.
10. Make some milk magic!